Christ of the Hills is enrolled in the Stephen Series, which is a complete system of training and organizing lay persons for caring ministry in and around our congregation.
Christ Caring for People Through People
Stephen Ministry provides
Distinctively Christian confidential, one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community. Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of intensive training before they are commissioned to provide care.
If you would like to have a Stephen Minister visit you or if you would like to become a Stephen Minister, please contact Rev. Patti Butler at 501-922-4503.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christians who:
- Express God’s care through their lives to others
- Receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts
- Are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training
- Visit another person regularly and dependably and offer Christian support and care
- Participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- Are committed to preserving the confidentiality of the caring relationship
- Serve for at least two years
- Receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service
If you feel you need the loving care of a Stephen Minister or would like more information on becoming a Stephen Minister, please contact the church office at 501-922-4503 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org